Mix & Mastering Stereo Digital Converter DA
- THD+N: 0.0005% (20kHz BW, 20-20kHz, @-10dBFS)
- IMD: < 0.0015% SMPTE (1:1) 60Hz + 2k~20kHz typical
- Crosstalk: < 100dB (@20kHz all gain settings)
- Frequency Response: (@ 192kHz Sample Rate) +/-.5dBu 10Hz ~ 80kHz
- Size: 10.25” x 8” x 1.75”
- Weight: 5lbs
- Shipping Weight: 6.5lbs
- Power Consumption: 14W
- Recommended operating temperature: 0 ~ 40°C
- Storage Temperature: -25 ~ 50°C
- Output Impedance: < 10 Ohms
- DNR: 125dB for the Red Sparrow, 128dB for the White Sparrow unweighted, 20-20kHz bandwidth.
Black Lion Audio proudly offers the Sparrow DAC. Designed around the 32-bit capable ESS9018 chip, the Sparrow DAC features wide dynamic range and detailed, musical conversion that’s as functional in the project studio as it is in the mastering facility. The Sparrow DAC features user selectable AES, coax SPDIF, and optical SPDIF for input connectivity. Output connections include both balanced XLR for pro studio, consumer level RCA for home stereo, and a high current headphone output. Two mute buttons allow for independent control of line or headphone signals. Front panel volume control governs the headphone output only, while the line level outputs remain fixed. The Sparrow DAC is available in two platforms: RED and WHITE.
The WHITE model features our most advanced clocking architecture to date, a stunning 128dB unweighted 20-20kHz dynamic range into 600 ohms. There are few D/A converters that can meet or exceed this kind of dynamic range, or provide you with similar clarity and musicality no matter how much you’re willing to spend! There’s a reason why engineers like Tom Lord-Alge, Tony Maserati, and Mike Shipley use Black Lion Audio converters.